Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holiday Lights

Casey Macauley on our staff writes:

"If you were in search of blog ideas I was just on the shuttle with the woman who is organizing 'Holiday Lights.' What better way to warm everyone’s hearts and put people in the holiday spirit?"

Holiday Lights is a gift giving program for patients and family members of our Bowdoin Street Community Health Center. The gifts are collected in Stoneman 122 -- and they are all donated by staff members.

Says Casey, "Last year I walked in the room and there were gifts floor to ceiling. It almost made me cry to see everyone really giving from their hearts to help everyone celebrate the holidays."

I asked our able photographer, Bruce Wahl, to nab an image for me, and you can see it above. But Bruce notes, "Tomorrow at 3pm is when THE picture will be. They are going to take everything (8+ carts full) down to the loading dock and put it on a truck."

I'll post an update after Bruce sends me that picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Susan