Thursday, March 06, 2008

Dancing with the All-Stars


Well, my photos of Jonathan Papelbon and Dustin Pedroia are not as graphic as the video clips on Boston.com, but you get the idea. The fundraising cause was the Mike Lowell Foundation at an event organized by the Red Sox Foundation last weekend in Florida. Mike explained that he started the foundation to enhance the resources available to cancer patients and their families. For example, he told a heartwarming story about how the foundation had enabled a single father to be able to afford daycare for his small children while another child was undergoing cancer treatment.

Bidding in support of the charity at a live and silent auction was fierce -- no doubt stimulated by the dancing contest!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mikey is such a class act!
Heartwarming !!!!!!
I hope you bid high and often!

Anonymous said...

Wow...how much money did they raise?

Jessica Bond
Medical Careerist

Anonymous said...

Not sure, sorry.

e-Patient Dave said...

I confess I wasn't inspired to chase the links upon first posting, but hey, it's late Saturday, so....

Um, all I can say is, now I know what goes through my daughter's mind when she texts me: o, m, g.

:)