Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Best of Boston Cookies: The Secret is Out!

The chocolate chip cookies served at Beth Israel Hospital were listed as Best of Boston in 1995 or so. People used to come in off the street to buy them at the hospital cafeteria! For those of you who always wanted the recipe, here it is. You might want to reduce the quantities for household use . . . :)

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
Yield: 600

Preheat oven 300 degrees
Baking time: 12-15 minutes

Ingredients:
7 ½ lbs of granulated sugar
7 ½ lbs of brown sugar
10 lbs butter
1 ½ cups vanilla
28 eggs
15 lbs flour
1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon salt
1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon baking soda
12 ½ lbs chocolate chips
1½ lbs walnuts (optional)

Procedure:
Soften butter and whip with both sugars
Beat eggs and mix in salt, baking powder, and baking soda
Gradually mix in flour
Add chocolate chips and walnuts

7 comments:

Outraged Liberal said...

Are you promoting bariatric surgery?

Anonymous said...

I am promoting happiness!

Anonymous said...

These cookies were a serious treat during chemotherapy at the hospital. My chemo buddies all went to buy them and I would try, or just pretend, to have just one.

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

I'm getting out my calculator. I love those cookies

Lisa Sarao said...

I might need to leave the recipe as-is to feed all my ER and EMS coworkers! :-)

Unknown said...

This could be a new profit center :).